Georgia 9th Congressional District
- CORRECTED! Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 6:30 p.m. - Pickens County Democratic Committee. Chattahoochee Technical College, Cherokee Hall, 100 Campus Dr., Jasper, GA.
Our featured speaker will be Cindy Zeldin, Democratic Candidate for Georgia Insurance Commissioner. For nearly a decade, Cindy served as the Executive Director of Georgians for a Healthy Future where she served as a clear voice for health care consumers across the state and led efforts to secure bipartisan, consumer-friendly protections. She has been a forceful supporter for Medicaid Expansion in Georgia. You can learn more about Cindy at her website CindyforGeorgia.com. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about one of our Georgia Democratic Candidates. Please come and bring friends and meet new ones. Dessert, coffee and tea will be served. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 7:00 p.m. - Forsyth County Democratic Party meets at the community room at McDonald and Son Funeral home. Address 150 Sawnee Drive, Cumming, GA 30040
- NEW! Thursday, August 17, 2017, 6:30 p.m. - White County. FORUM ON CLIMATE CHANGE. Roy Ash Building, 153 East Kytle Street, Cleveland, Georgia 30528. Light refreshments will be served!
- Dr. Jim Smoot, Former Head of Earth Sciences at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center
- Mr. Daniel Blackman, Environmental Working Group
- Mr. Rob Mishler, Chairman, Greening Georgia
Sponsored by the White County Democratic Party & the Ladies of the 9th District Democratic Women’s Network
- Josh McCall, Candidate for US Congress, 9th District
- RJ Hadley, Candidate for Georgia Secretary of State
- Other Democratic Candidates
The White County Democratic Party is sponsoring a Climate Change Forum at the Roy Ash Building in Cleveland on August 17 at 6:30 pm. Dr. Jim Smoot will be the featured speaker at the Forum and will help to co-ordinate a Question and Answer session afterwards. He will speak on climate science and global climate change.
Dr. Smoot has had a rich career in the environmental sciences and engineering fields. He was formerly the head of NASA's Earth Science Office at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama. His NASA Office executed numerous research projects and science measurements using instruments on orbital satellites and airborne platforms. These included climate, extreme weather, and many atmospheric, land, and ocean processes and properties. He also served as a NASA representative to the Federal Inter-Agency Task Force guiding the National Climate Assessment process. Additionally, he was selected as a member of the United States Delegation to the United Nations World Meteorological Organization quadrennial Congress.
|Saturday, August 19, 2017, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. - 9th District. Habersham County Recreation and Aquatic Center, Clarkesville.
All Democrats are invited to join the Democratic Party of Georgia’s statewide Summer Tour which will highlight the lessons, victories, energy, and grassroots activism of our Party. Local Democrats, state and local legislators, and affiliates are expected to make a strong showing at each stop. The Habersham Democratic County Committee is pleased to sponsor a regional event as part of the tour.
As the Democratic Party of Georgia continues building a well-oiled GOTV machine, we need every local voter to engage and be a part of the building process. We share the common goal to elect and appoint citizens to serve on all levels of government who are equipped to fight for the rights of everyone. Our focus as a Party is on ensuring those qualified candidates are recruited, trained, elected, and held accountable.
The Party needs the experience and knowledge of every local Democrat if we are going to flip the State of Georgia from red to BLUE. Let’s come together and fight back.
- NEW! Saturday, August 19, 2017, 2:00-3:00 p.m. - Habersham County. Rally: Say No to Hate. Clarkesville Gazebo (Monroe Ave. and Old Historic U.S.441, next to 555 Monroe Ave). (Flyer for the event .) This will follow the 9th District event above.
- NEW! Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 6:30-8:30 pm - Gainesville, GA. Meet & Greet With Joshua McCall, Democratic Candidate for the 9th Congressional District. Gainesville Civic Center, 839 Green Street, N.E., Gainesville, GA 30501. RSVP at email@example.com
- NEW! Thursday, September 21, 2017, 6:30pm - White County Democratic Party. Next meeting is at Mully's Nacoochee Grill, 7227 S Main Street, Helen Georgia 30545.
- NEW! Thursday, October 26, 2017, 6:00 p.m. - Gilmer County Democrats. Stacey Evans, Democratic candidate for Governor has accepted our invitation. We will have a reception for her at Gilmer Arts. Details later.