Georgia 9th Congressional District
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - Atlanta. Democratic Party of Georgia’s State Dinner. Hyatt Regency Atlanta, 265 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30303. Facebook page. Reception 5:30 p.m., dinner 7:00 p.m. Ticket sales begin September 3. Tables are $1500. Individual ticket prices for county committee members, Yellow Dog club members, etc. are $150.
Georgia is a battleground state for 2020. This year’s State Dinner is a unique opportunity to show our party’s strength as we prepare for national attention during the presidential, Senate, and congressional races next year, in addition to our efforts at the state level. Details TBA.
- Thursday, October 24, 2019, 6:00-8:00 p.m. - Athens/Clarke County Democrats meeting, Athens-Clarke County Library, 2025 Baxter Street, Athens.
- Saturday, October 26, 2019, 1:00-4:00 p.m. - Union County. Towns County Democrats Blue Fest at Meeks Park, Blairsville (in the newest pavilion, past tennis courts). Music, food and speakers. Bring a friend! Questions?
- Saturday, October 26, 2019, 1:00-3:00 p.m. - Athens-Clarke County. Census & Redistricting Townhall. Common Cause GA is hitting the road with our partners from the GA Redistricting Alliance to host a series of townhalls in each Georgia Congressional District! Each organization is working to educate the public on the upcoming census, how it impacts funding and redistricting, how gerrymandering impacts the process, and what you can do to help! Athens-Clarke County Library, 2025 Baxter St, Athens, Georgia 30606. You may RSVP here (Facebook page).
- Monday, November 4, 2019, 5:30-6:50 p.m. - Rabun County Democrats. Meeting at The NE GA Foodbank, Clayton. Candidates running in the Georgia 9th.
- Saturday, November 16, 2019, 10:00-11:30 a.m. - Hall County Democrats will host our next 9th CD meeting at the Hall County Democratic Party Headquarters. The address is 314 College Avenue, Gainesville, GA 30510. Thanks to Kip Copland and his committee.
We will go out to lunch afterwards for those that can stay over and enjoy a social time together. Details on the agenda and lunch to follow.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 7:00 p.m. - Forsyth County Democrats meeting. Mohana Kute from NARAL (National Abortion Rights Action League) will be speaking to the group. Meeting will start at 7:00 PM at Sharon Forks Library, 2820 Old Atlanta Rd, Cumming, GA 30041. We will not have a general meeting in October due to the Cumming Fair. We are hoping you will join us for a shift (or two or three) at the Fair.
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - Georgia Presidential Primary.