Georgia 9th Congressional District
- Mondays, September 3 - ??, 2018, 6:00-8:00 p.m. - Hall County. Gainesville Canvassing for Josh McCall, McCall for All. Gainesville Civic Center, every Monday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesdays, September 4 - ??, 2018, 6:00-8:00 p.m. - Habersham County. Cornelia canvassing event, Josh McCall, McCall for All. Cornelia Public Library, 301 N Main St, Cornelia, Georgia 30531. Every Tuesday. Email email@example.com.
- Thursdays, September 6 - ??, 2018, 6:00-8:00 p.m. - Hall County. South Hall Canvassing for Josh McCall, McCall for All, Sam's Club in Oakwood. Every Thursday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, September 13, 2018, 6:00 p.m. - Towns County Democrats. We have had a change of plans for this Thursday’s monthly Democratic Party Meeting. Since we are rapidly approaching the midterms, we are joining the Union County Democrats at their monthly meeting this Thursday. We want to get together to discuss strategy to get out the votes in our respective counties. Their meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. with a bring your own dish for a pot luck supper and the meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. The meeting is located at 298 School Circle in Blairsville.
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the November General/Special Election.
- Saturday, September 22, 2018, 12:00 noon-4:30 p.m. - Madison County. September Gala: Meet the Dem candidates at the Depot in Colbert, GA. This event will be for all 2018 candidates and the community to come together for fun and to get to know our candidates. There is power in numbers, so we are inviting you to be a part of this grand event. We believe a multi-county event of this magnitude can help move GA Blue.
There will be a candidate luncheon, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.; event starts at 12:00; candidate speeches, 1:00-2:00 p.m. Food Trucks, live music, games, fun for kids, etc.
Conolus Scott, Chair, Madison County Democratic Committee. (More details later.)
- Saturday, September 22, 2018, 4:00-7:00 p.m. - Lumpkin County. Midterms Fall-Apalooza! Democratic Candidate Fair and fundraiser for the candidates. Hancock Park, Dahlonega. Join state and federal candidates and liberal 9th district groups for an afternoon of music, food, and more! Meet, hear from, and donate to candidates, and get energized for the Midterms! (More details later!)
- Saturday, October 6, 2018, 12:00 noon - Chatsworth, GA. GOLF BLUE fund-raising golf tournament for all Democratic candidates represented. CANDIDATES COMMITTED TO ATTENDING as of Aug. 9: *Sarah R. Amico – Lt. Gov., *Fred Swann – Sec. Agr., Otha Thornton – State School Supt., Michael Morgan – SD 54, Brian Rosser – HD 5, Lee Shiver – HD 11. (*Tentatively agreed to attend or be represented)
Starting time 1:00 p.m. with candidate reception following. Two Man/Woman Select Shot. Cost: $75 per player – includes round, cart, prizes, and famous Miller’s Bros. barbeque. Prize money will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd*. (*Additional prize money will be based on number of players.)
Spring Lakes Golf Club, 1591 Spring Place Smyrna Road, Chatsworth, Georgia 30705.
Candidates who plan to attend and golfers who want to sign up, contact Fred Gould, 706.980.4550 or email@example.com. Host: Murray County Democratic Committee.
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018 - Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the November General Election and Runoff Election
- Monday, October 15, 2018 - Advanced (Absentee In-Person) Voting begins for the November General Election
- Saturday, October 27, 2018 - Mandatory Saturday Voting for the November General Election
- Friday, November 2, 2018 - Last day for a registrar to issue absentee ballots for the November General Election and Runoff Election
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 - General Election.