Georgia 9th Congressional District
- UPDATED! Thursday, June 15, 2017, 6:00-8:00 p.m. - Gilmer County. You are cordially invited to a Reception Introducing Josh McCall, Candidate for United States House of Representatives,
Georgia District 9. Sponsored by the Gilmer County Democratic Committee.
Water Tower at Coosawattee River Resort, 634 Beaver Lake Dr, Ellijay, GA 30540. $25 per person. Tickets must be purchased by Monday, June 12, 2017.
R.S.V.P. to this e-mail or by calling 706-276-4477, with name and number of tickets to be purchased at the door, or by mail to 36 Mulberry Street, Suite 5, East Ellijay, Georgia 30540. Admittance by prior reservation only.
- NEW! Saturday, June 17, 2017, 5:00-8:00 p.m. - Lumpkin County Democratic Party. Josh McCall Fundraiser: Join us for the Lumpkin County Democratic Party's annual barbecue fundraiser featuring 9th District Congressional candidate Josh McCall to be held at the beautiful home of Larry and Vicki Stouffer at 982 Golden Avenue, Dahlonega.
We will be serving barbecue, hotdogs, with a variety of side dishes, desserts, and drinks. There is limited parking so there will be shuttle service for the convenience of attendees. More details will be provided. We are asking for a minimum recommended donation of $15 per person at the event to cover our costs and help us to financially support our candidates.
Space is limited so RSVP today! RSVP via Eventbrite or directly to Peri Gordon by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 704-691-9615 by not later than 6/10/2017. Tickets are not required for attendance. We have a raindate of 6/24 same place and time.
The event is being co-sponsored by Indivisible Lumpkin and the 9th District Federation of Democratic Women. Ken Akins, Chair, Lumpkin County Democratic Party.
- NEW! Monday, June 19, 2017, 6:30 p.m. - Hall County. Deaton Creek Democrats would like to invite you to their Movie and Social. The American documentary film to be shown is “Where to Invade Next”, written and directed by Michael Moore. The films is describes as "an expansive, rib-tickling, and subversive comedy in which Moore, playing the role of 'invader,' visits a host of nations to learn how the U.S. could improve its own prospects."
For more information and pass gate access, contact Carol Hundeby, email@example.com.
- NEW! Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 6:00 p.m. - Pickens County. Josh McCall, 9th District Democratic candidate for the U.S. House, will speak to Pickens County Democrats. Pickens County Community Center, 1329 Camp Road, Jasper, GA 30143.
Pickens County Democrats will provide a BBQ dinner. Please RSVP by an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can be sure to have enough for everyone.
- Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 6th Congressional District Runoff Election for U.S. Congress. This election is to replace Rep. Tom Price, who was appointed to a position in the Trump administration. (The 6th District includes north Fulton County and adjacent parts of Cobb County and DeKalb County.)
To help the Democrat, Jon Ossoff, win in the 6th, go to the campaign website for Jon Ossoff.
- Thursday-Sunday, August 10-13, 2017 - Atlanta. Netroots Nation. Register here. Note the "Early Bird Local" fee!
"For more than a decade, Netroots Nation has hosted the largest annual conference for progressives, drawing thousands of attendees from around the country and beyond.
"Our attendees are online organizers, grassroots activists and independent media makers. Some are professionals who work at advocacy organizations, progressive companies or labor unions, while others do activism in their spare time. Attendees can choose from 80+ panels, 40+ training sessions, inspiring keynotes, caucuses, film screenings and lots of networking and social events."
|Saturday, August 19, 2017, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. - 9th District. Habersham County Recreation and Aquatic Center.
All Democrats are invited to join the Democratic Party of Georgia’s statewide Summer Tour which will highlight the lessons, victories, energy, and grassroots activism of our Party. Local Democrats, state and local legislators, and affiliates are expected to make a strong showing at each stop. The Habersham Democratic County Committee is pleased to sponsor a regional event as part of the tour.
As the Democratic Party of Georgia continues building a well-oiled GOTV machine, we need every local voter to engage and be a part of the building process. We share the common goal to elect and appoint citizens to serve on all levels of government who are equipped to fight for the rights of everyone. Our focus as a Party is on ensuring those qualified candidates are recruited, trained, elected, and held accountable.
The Party needs the experience and knowledge of every local Democrat if we are going to flip the State of Georgia from red to BLUE. Let’s come together and fight back.