Georgia 9th Congressional District
- January 27, 2017 - Georgia House Democratic Caucus Legislative Agenda. (Track these bills in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Georgia Legislative Navigator on the right side of this page.)
- NEW! Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 6:00 p.m. - Pickens County Democratic Committee monthly meeting. Social gathering instead of a business meeting. 6:00 p.m., Fuego Mexican Grill & Tequila Bar, 260 Foothills Pkwy, Marble Hill, GA 30148. Please RSVP to email@example.com so we can tell the restaurant how many to expect.
Guest speaker: George Justicz will speak about how the current political situation is a real test for the ability of our democracy to survive at times of naked evil, how reminiscent it is of what he experienced during his lifetime under German and Soviet tyrannies, how fragile our freedom is.
- UPDATED! February 23-26, 2017 - Atlanta. Democratic National Committee (DNC) 2017 Winter Meeting. Westin Peachtree Plaza, 210 Peachtree St., Atlanta GA 30303. Schedule of events open to the public.
- NEW! Monday, March 6, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - Rep. Doug Collins office; meeting to discuss ACA; all of the 9th district is invited! 210 Washington St NW, Gainesville, GA 30501
Three of us will go into the office to discuss ACA but we hope to have a LARGE group outside the office with signs about ACA. Anita Tucker, (678) 557-6200 (c).
- NEW! Saturday, March 11, 2017 - State Committee meeting, Democratic Party of Georgia. Athens, GA
|UPDATED! Saturday, March 18, 2017, 10:00 a.m. - All counties, 9th District meeting. Community Hall, Sautee Nacoochee Center, 283 GA-255, Sautee Nacoochee, GA 30571.
Tentative agenda items are education, General Assembly status, local elections, Georgia Resists.com, the Indivisible Guide.
- NEW! Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 6:00 p.m. - Dawson County Democratic Party General Meeting, Big Canoe Swim Club.
Ted Terry, Mayor of Clarkston, Georgia Director of Sierra Club, 2nd VP of DPG will be speaking. Light dinner at 6:00 followed by presentation.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you on the list to get into Big Canoe!!
- NEW! Saturday, March 25, 2017, 11:00 a.m. - 9th District Democratic Women's Network Spring Meeting. The Crimson Moon Cafe, 24 North Park Street, Dahlonega, GA 30533. RSVP 770-722-7994.
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 6th Congressional District Special Election for U.S. Congress. This election is to replace Rep. Tom Price, who was appointed to a position in the Trump administration. All candidates, regardless of party, are on the same ballot.
If no candidate wins a majority on April 18, the top two finishers, regardless of party, will advance to a second ballot set for June 20.
To help Democrats win in the 6th, go here. Websites of the candidates who have qualified as Democrats are Jon Ossoff, Ragin Edwards, Rebecca Quigg, Richard Keatley, Ron Slotin.
- Saturday, April 29, 2017 - People's Climate March. (Event Facebook page, Georgia Sierra Club). In Washington DC and around the country, we will come together for one massive march to bring our demands to the streets. We will march for our families. We will march for our air, our water, and our land. We will march for clean energy jobs and climate justice. We will march for our communities and the people we love. And we will be louder and stronger than ever before.
There is no denying it: Donald Trump's election is a threat to the future of our planet, the safety of our communities, and the health of our families. He is taking office as the only climate denying world leader and threatening to throw all that progress away. We're ready to fight back. That's why the People’s Climate Movement is seizing the first 100 days of the Trump Administration as our own and putting all of our energy toward stopping Trump's attacks on our climate, our communities, and our jobs and advance our vision of new American economy that protects our planet and people.
It's more important than ever to stand up for what's right. Join your fellow Georgia Sierrans on the bus to D.C. More details to come! Let us know you're in by RSVPing below.
PLEASE VISIT EVENTBRITE TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT ON THE BUS!!