Georgia 9th Congressional District
- Monday, October 23, 2017, 6:00 p.m. - Lumpkin County. Dahlonega City Candidates Forum. 202 Morrison Moore Pkwy, United Community Bank meeting room. It has been quite some time since we have had a Democratic running for local office. We now have two! Come join us as candidates for Dahlonega mayor and city council square off in a forum. Hors de oeuvres at 6:00 pm, Forum begins at 6:30 pm.
- Thursday, October 26, 2017, 6:00 p.m. - Gilmer County Democrats. Gilmer County residents and those of surrounding counties are cordially invited to a reception to meet The Honorable Stacey Evans, candidate for Governor of Georgia and member of the Georgia House of Representatives.
The reception will be held in the Gilmer Arts Gallery in Ellijay. Attendance is free and all are welcome but a reservation is required. Make a reservation by calling 706-276-4477. Leave a message requesting a reservation for the Evans reception, your name and telephone number, and the number of people in your party.
- Thursday, October 26, 2017, 6:30-8 p.m. - Pickens County. Common Cause Georgia Tour on gerrymandering. Chattahoochee Technical College, Cherokee Hall, 10 Campus Drive, Jasper 30143. http://bit.ly/2xc7vJf.
On September 16th, Common Cause Georgia begins a two-month statewide tour focused on gerrymandering. The tour will offer a brief history of gerrymandering in Georgia, a discussion of current problems with our redistricting process, and a training session for citizens interested in pushing local redistricting reforms.
“This grassroots, citizen engagement will help us build a volunteer-based arm, which will help with both defensive and reform redistricting legislating. In addition to inviting the public, local and state elected officials are encouraged to attend as a means of education on this important issue,” stated Sara Henderson, Executive Director of Common Cause Georgia.
- POSTPONED! Will be rescheduled! Thursday, October 26, 2017, 6:30 p.m. - Union County. Josh McCall, 9th District candidate for the U.S. House. Charlie and Wendy Boyce’s home, 154 Beaver Run Rd., Blairsville, GA 30512.
- Saturday, October 28, 10:00 a.m. - DPG Blue School Session 1: Social Media; Issue Advocacy; Certification Process; Dates to Remember. All County Committee executive members (officers) are encouraged to attend session 1. IBEW Auditorium at 501 Pulliam St., SW, Atlanta, GA 30312. Please RSVP at https://goo.gl/forms/Xe7f9NDxeW9tNtRS2.
(This session for September 23 was canceled and moved to this date.)
- NEW! Sunday, October 29, 2017, 4:00-6:00 p.m. - Hall County. Doug Collins Headquarters, 210 Washington Street NW, Gainesville. This Halloween week, come protest the real horror of the season: Trump's tax scam! Costumes welcome, creativity encouraged: remember, this plan isn't just any old monster- it's a trick for the poor and a treat for the rich! Don't miss it. See you there! Sponsored by Indivisible Lumpkin.
- NEW! Monday, October 30, 2017, 6:30 p.m. - Pickens County. Information forum on funding of Pickens County Schools, at Chattahoochee Technical College, 100 Campus Drive, Jasper (across from Jasper City Hall). A group proposes to grant additional exemptions for seniors from the schools portion of property taxes. We'll examine the implications for funding our schools, including shifting the taxes to others such as families with children and businesses. Speakers will include Pickens County Tax Assessor Roy Dobbs, Pickens County Schools Superintendent Dr. Carlton Wilson, and others to be determined.
- NEW! Saturday, November 11, 2017, 10:30 a.m. - Lumpkin County. Democrats Salute Our Veterans. 99 Courthouse Hill, Dahlonega. Come join Lumpkin County Democrats as we salute our veterans in one of north Georgia's largest Veterans Day parades. Parade route is about 1 mile. Flags will be furnished. email@example.com.
- Monday, December 25, 2017 - CHRISTMAS DAY
- NEW! Saturday, January 20, 2018 - Lumpkin County Democrats' Annual Brunch. UNG Banquet Hall at 1 College Circle, Dahlonega. Georgia Gubernatorial candidate Stacey Evans will be the guest speaker. Brunch included all for $15.00 per person. Reserve by contacting Ken Akins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, March 5, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to Friday, March 9, 2018, 12:00 noon - Qualifying political body candidates for Primary and November General Election.
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the General Primary.
- Monday, April 23, 2018 - Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the General Primary.
- Thursday, May 10, 2018 - Earliest day to apply for an absentee ballot for November General Election.
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 - Mandatory Saturday Voting for the General Primary.
- Fridday, May 18, 2018 - Last day for a registrar to issue absentee ballots for the General Primary.
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - General Primary Election.
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the November General/Special Election
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018 - Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the November General Election and Runoff Election
- Monday, October 15, 2018 - Advanced (Absentee In-Person) Voting begins for the November General Election
- Saturday, October 27, 2018 - Mandatory Saturday Voting for the November General Election
- Friday, November 2, 2018 - Last day for a registrar to issue absentee ballots for the November General Election and Runoff Election
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 - General Election.