Georgia 9th Congressional District
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the General Primary.
- Monday, April 23, 2018 - Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the General Primary.
- Thursday, May 10, 2018 - Earliest day to apply for an absentee ballot for November General Election.
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 - Mandatory Saturday Voting for the General Primary.
- CANCELED, moved to July 14. Saturday, May 12, 2018 - Macon, GA. Democratic Party of Georgia, State Committee meeting.
- Friday, May 18, 2018 - Last day for a registrar to issue absentee ballots for the General Primary.
- Saturday, May 19, 2018, 11:30 a.m. - Gilmer County. 9th District Demoratic Women's Network invites 9th District Democratic and Independent women to join us for lunch at the Gilmer Arts Building, Hawthorn Room, 207 Dalton Street, Ellijay, GA 30540. Featuring 9th District Democratic Candidates and discussion of local and state issues. Co-sponsored by the Gilmer County Democratic Party. Catered lunch $12. For more information and to RSVP, please email email@example.com or call the Gilmer County Democratic Committee at 706-276-4477 and leave a message giving the name(s) of guests.
There will be an opportunity to meet candidates, a raffle, and door prize. All are welcome.
- NEW! Monday, May 21, 2018, 6:00 p.m. - Lumpkin County Democratic Party. On the eve of the primary election our guest speaker will be John Noel, Democratic candidate for Public Service Commissioner. United Community Bank, 206 Morrison Moore Pkwy, Dahlonega.
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - General Primary Election.
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - Earliest date for election of Democratic county committee members for 2018-2022 term. Election of county committee officers will occur on a date following election of these members.
|NEW! Thursday, May 24, 2018, 6:45 p.m. - Atlanta. Democratic Party of Georgia State Dinner. The State Dinner will be at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Atlanta. United States Senator Doug Jones will be our keynote speaker. The program will begin promptly at 6:45pm and will end at 9:00pm. The VIP reception for VIP ticket holders will begin at 5:45pm.
Come help us celebrate our Democratic ticket, connect with your Democratic friends and be inspired by Senator Doug Jones!
Last year, tickets to our dinner SOLD OUT. Be sure to secure your seat today. If you have any questions, email Renee Smith at Renee@GeorgiaDemocrat.org.
The DPG is offering specially priced tables for our County Committees at $1,500. Let me know if your county is interested in a table — or more than one table by filling out this form. We ask that you please pay for the table with the money from the seat holders — not from the County Committee. In other words, please feel free to send in the checks from the individuals bundled by table. There are 10 seats at each table equaling $150 a person. Please have your checks in by May 14, 2018 to guarantee your space.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at Renee@GeorgiaDemocrat.org or 678-278-2016 x 320 to connect or if you have any questions or concerns.
Block of rooms at the Hyatt Regency for the State Dinner: Through May 11, anyone that would like to book a hotel room will receive the discounted flat rate of $125 a night.
If your county is not putting together tables, email David Robinson, 9th District Chair, who will try to assemble tables of 10.
- NEW! Saturday, May 26, 2018 - Forsyth County Democratic Party. Fundraiser: 1st Annual Golf Classic. Location: Bear's Best Atlanta, 5342 Aldeburgh Drive, Suwanee, GA 30024. (flyer) (registration form or website) (sponsorship)
- NEW! Sunday, June 24, 2018, 5:00-8:00 p.m. - Lumpkin County Democratic Party along with Indivisible Lumpkin will be hosting the annual Summer Barbecue Fundraiser at the Chestatee River home of Larry & Vicki Stouffer at 982 Golden Avenue, Dahlonega, GA. Come enjoy the entertainment and delicious barbecue and the fixings. BYOB. We will have Democratic primary winners from the 9th District for Congress, statewide, and county seats who will be speaking. Donations are encouraged. $20.00 admission for the day. To make reservations contact Ken Akins, Chairman at kakins025@windstream.
- Friday, July 6, 2018 - Latest date for election of Democratic county committee members for 2018-2022 term. Election of county committee officers will occur on a date following election of these members.
- NEW Saturday, July 14, 2018 - Democratic Party of Georgia, State Committee meeting. Location TBA.
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the November General/Special Election
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018 - Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the November General Election and Runoff Election
- Monday, October 15, 2018 - Advanced (Absentee In-Person) Voting begins for the November General Election
- Saturday, October 27, 2018 - Mandatory Saturday Voting for the November General Election
- Friday, November 2, 2018 - Last day for a registrar to issue absentee ballots for the November General Election and Runoff Election
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 - General Election.