Georgia 9th Congressional District
- Saturday, October 26, 2019, 1:00-4:00 p.m. - Union County. Towns County Democrats Blue Fest at Meeks Park, Blairsville (in the newest pavilion, past tennis courts). Music, food and speakers.
The Towns and Union County Committees are working together to provide a chance for all North Georgia Democrats to come together, listen to some inspiring Democrat candidates and speakers, and share some time with like-minded folks. Nelson Thomas, Chair of the Union County Committee, will provide Bluegrass Music. Charlotte Sleczkowski, Chair of the Towns County Committee, has arranged for a wonderful program of inspiring speakers. Speakers include June Krise, 9th District Chair; Bette Holland will speak on the environment; Ted Terry, Senate Candidate; Dan Wilson, Candidate running for Congress; Michael Thurmond, Democratic Official from DeKalb County and Historian.
Bring a friend! Questions?
- Saturday, October 26, 2019, 1:00-3:00 p.m. - Athens-Clarke County. Census & Redistricting Townhall. Common Cause GA is hitting the road with our partners from the GA Redistricting Alliance to host a series of townhalls in each Georgia Congressional District! Each organization is working to educate the public on the upcoming census, how it impacts funding and redistricting, how gerrymandering impacts the process, and what you can do to help! Athens-Clarke County Library, 2025 Baxter St, Athens, Georgia 30606. You may RSVP here (Facebook page).
- Monday, November 4, 2019, 5:30-6:50 p.m. - Rabun County Democrats. Meeting at The NE GA Foodbank, Clayton. Candidates running in the Georgia 9th.
- Thursday, November 7, 2019, 7:00 p.m. - Lumpkin County Democrats. Meeting that was previously advertised for Monday 11/4 is NOW on THURSDAY NOVEMBER 7 at 7 pm AT STARBUCKS upstairs!!! We need volunteers to help plan the holiday party on December 8. We invite all members of the executive committee, as well as others willing to help, to meet Thursday at 7 at Starbucks.
- Monday, November 11, 2019, 6:30 p.m. - Hall County Democrats meetingat the Gainesville Civic Center. Special guest speaker: former state senator, and current candidate for Chair of the Gwinnett Co. Board of Commissioners, Curt Thompson. Doors open at 6 pm, call to order at 6:30.
- Monday, November 11, 2019, 6:15 p.m. - Athens-Clarke County Democratic Committee. On the cusp of one of the most important election-cycles in Georgia history, ACCDC presents Dinner & Conversation with the U.S. Senate Candidates on Veteran’s Day, Monday, November 11, at the Cotton Press in Athens, Georgia. Attendees will get the unique opportunity to hear from Sarah Riggs Amico, Jon Ossoff, Mayor Ted Terry, and Mayor Teresa Tomlinson about their vision for Georgia and the United States.
Attendees will be treated to a delicious family-style dinner as they hear conversations between candidates and our special guests. After hearing from the candidates and finishing apple pie for dessert, attendees are invited to mingle with the candidates and continue the conversations during our meet-and-greet.
Seats are limited. Single seat tickets and tables may be purchased at https://secure.actblue.com/donate/accdcsenatedinner
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 7:00 p.m. - Forsyth County Democrats. Committee Meeting at McDonald and Son Funeral Home located at 150 Sawnee Drive, Cumming 30040. This is our monthly business meeting.
- Saturday, November 16, 2019, 10:00-11:30 a.m. - Hall County Democrats will host our next 9th CD meeting at the Hall County Democratic Party Headquarters. The address is 314 College Avenue, Gainesville, GA 30510. Thanks to Kip Copland and his committee.
We will go out to lunch afterwards for those that can stay over and enjoy a social time together. Details on the agenda and lunch to follow.
- Monday, November 18, 2019, 6:00 p.m. - Lumpkin County Democrats monthly meeting (Dinner with the Dems) at Bourbon Street Grille.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 7:00 p.m. - Forsyth County Democrats meeting. Meeting will be at Sharon Forks Library, 2820 Old Atlanta Rd, Cumming, GA 30041. Guest speakers are Mohana Kute and Salome Paul (NARAL) and Matt Lieberman (US Senate candidate).
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - Georgia Presidential Primary.