Georgia 9th Congressional District
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the General Primary.
- NEW! Monday, April 16, 2018, 6:00 p.m. - Franklin County Democrats. Speaker: David Cooper, 9th District Democratic candidate for U.S. House.
- NEW! Monday, April 16, 2018, 6:30 p.m. - Hall County Democrats. Alana Watkins and Patrick Anderson, Democratic candidates for Georgia House District 30, will hold a forum, their first ahead of the May 22th primary. This is your chance to hear each candidate explain their platform and to ask questions. Spout Springs Library. 6488 Spout Springs Rd., Flowery Branch GA 30542. From the parking lot, use the door on the right end of the building to get to the meeting room.House District 30 encompasses South Hall, including Oakwood and Flowery Branch, and that part of Buford that is in Hall County (including Lake Lanier Islands).
- NEW! Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 7:00 p.m. - Forsyth County General Democratic Party Meeting. Guest speakers: Trina Arnold James (Lt. Governor Candidate), Ethan Pham (Congressional District 7 Candidate), Steve Reilly (Congressional District 7 Candidate), and David Cooper ( Congressional District 9 Candidate). Located at McDonald and Son Funeral Home at 150 Sawnee Drive, Cumming, GA 30040.
- NEW! Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 6:30 p.m. - Jackson County Democrats. Speaker: David Cooper, 9th District Democratic candidate for U.S. House. Braselton Community Center, 126 Harrison St, Braselton, GA. Almost adjacent to the old West Jackson Primary School building.
- Thursday, April 19, 2018, 6:30 p.m. - White County Democratic Party. April meeting at the Helen Library. John Noel, a candidate for the Georgia PSC, will provide information on the debacle of the expansion of the Plant Vogtle nuclear reactors.
- NEW! Thursday, April 19, 2018, 7:00 p.m. - Elbert County Democrats. Speakers: David Coooper and Josh McCall, Dem candidates for 9th District U.S. House. Elbert Co. Civic Center.
- NEW! Saturday, April 21 & Sunday, April 22, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m both days - Atlanta. Democracy for America's Campaign Academy. You’re invited to a two-day activist training hosted by Democracy for America, a national people-powered political action committee! DFA’s Campaign Academy is designed for progressive activists who want to take their organizing, digital communication, and campaign management skills to the next level. You’ll learn from DFA’s national organizing staff, local progressive leaders, and elected officials. Pittman Park Recreation Center, 950 Garibaldi St SW, Atlanta, GA 30310. Space is limited! Register today. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, April 22, 2018, 3:00 p.m. - Forsyth County. Campaign Kick Off Party - Steve Smith & Anita Tucker. Come have a slice with State Senate 27 candidate Steve Smith and HD 25 candidate Anita Tucker at Mellow Mushroom in The Collections as we kick off their campaigns! Mellow Mushroom at 410 Peachtree Pkwy, Suite 200, Cumming (The Collection at Forsyth).
- Monday, April 23, 2018 - Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the General Primary.
- NEW! Monday, April 23, 2018, 6:00 p.m. - Lumpkin County Democratic Party. Highlighting Earth Week guest speaker will be Climate Change expert and former NASA Earth Science Director, Dr. James Smoot. Dr. Smoot will discuss the realities of Climate Change from 4 years of Trump to 10 years down the road, to 50 years down the road. We welcome you to join us for dinner at 6 pm followed by a short meeting and Dr. Smoot's presentation. United Community Bank, 206 Morrison Moore Pkwy, Dahlonega.
- NEW! Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 7:00-8:00 p.m. - Online video. Our Revolution Georgia Video Townhall. Josh McCall, 9th District Democratic candidate for U.S. House. Details TBA.
- Sunday, April 29, 2018, 2:00-5:00 p.m. - North Georgia Headwaters Indivisible. Speaker: Josh McCall, 9th District candidate for U.S. House. Sautee Nacoochee gym.
- NEW! Monday, April 30, 2018, 6:30-8:00 p.m. - Hall County Democrats. U.S. Congressional District 9 Dem candidates Josh McCall and David Cooper. Gainesville Civic Center.
- Saturday, May 5, 2018, 12:00 noon - Union County. Northeast Georgia Statewide & 9th Congressional Democratic Candidate Forum at Meeks Park (pavilion 3) in Blairsville. All candidates are invited. Participating candidates will be provided an opportunity to speak, share campaign materials and solicit contributions. We are planning to serve food and beverages at the Forum.
We expect to attract Democrats from across the north Georgia region. The Forum is structured as a non-attribution event and we do not expect participating candidates to debate their opponents.
Meeks Park is conveniently located in the beautiful north Georgia mountains (Blairsville) with easy access from Georgia highway 515.
Candidates, contact Mary Mahoney, 605 Waterview Drive, Hiawassee, GA 30546, phone 706-487-9300 (call ∓ text), email: email@example.com. Speakers TBA.
- Sunday, May 6, 2018, 3:30-6:00 p.m. - Hall County Democrats. Annual Picnic. Join us at the Dogwood Pavilion in Longwood Park, Pearl Nix Parkway, Gainesville for an afternoon of family fun and fellowship. Speakers include John Barrow, Dem candidate for Secretary of State, and all local Hall County candidates.
- Thursday, May 10, 2018 - Earliest day to apply for an absentee ballot for November General Election.
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 - Mandatory Saturday Voting for the General Primary.
- Friday, May 18, 2018 - Last day for a registrar to issue absentee ballots for the General Primary.
- NEW! Monday, May 21, 2018, 6:00 p.m. - Lumpkin County Democratic Party. On the eve of the primary election our guest speaker will be John Noel, Democratic candidate for Public Service Commissioner. United Community Bank, 206 Morrison Moore Pkwy, Dahlonega.
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - General Primary Election.
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - Earliest date for election of Democratic county committee members for 2018-2022 term. Election of county committee officers will occur on a date following election of these members.
|NEW! Thursday, May 24, 2018, 6:45 p.m. - Atlanta. Democratic Party of Georgia State Dinner. The State Dinner will be at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Atlanta. United States Senator Doug Jones will be our keynote speaker. The program will begin promptly at 6:45pm and will end at 9:00pm. The VIP reception for VIP ticket holders will begin at 5:45pm.
Come help us celebrate our Democratic ticket, connect with your Democratic friends and be inspired by Senator Doug Jones!
Last year, tickets to our dinner SOLD OUT. Be sure to secure your seat today. If you have any questions, email Renee Smith at Renee@GeorgiaDemocrat.org.
The DPG is offering specially priced tables for our County Committees at $1,500. Let me know if your county is interested in a table — or more than one table by filling out this form. We ask that you please pay for the table with the money from the seat holders — not from the County Committee. In other words, please feel free to send in the checks from the individuals bundled by table. There are 10 seats at each table equaling $150 a person. Please have your checks in by May 14, 2018 to guarantee your space.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at Renee@GeorgiaDemocrat.org or 678-278-2016 x 320 to connect or if you have any questions or concerns.
If your county is not putting together tables, email David Robinson, 9th District Chair, who will try to assemble tables of 10.
- Friday, July 6, 2018 - Latest date for election of Democratic county committee members for 2018-2022 term. Election of county committee officers will occur on a date following election of these members.
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the November General/Special Election
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018 - Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the November General Election and Runoff Election
- Monday, October 15, 2018 - Advanced (Absentee In-Person) Voting begins for the November General Election
- Saturday, October 27, 2018 - Mandatory Saturday Voting for the November General Election
- Friday, November 2, 2018 - Last day for a registrar to issue absentee ballots for the November General Election and Runoff Election
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 - General Election.