Georgia 9th Congressional District
- Thursday, January 16, 2020, 6:30 p.m. - Jackson County Democrats. Special organizational and goal setting meeting at the Bank OZK Community Room.
- Saturday, January 18, 2020, 10:00 a.m. - Lumpkin County Democrats are hosting a brunch with speaker Teresa Tomlinson at the University of North Georgia Banquet Hall, 438 W Main Street, Dahlonega 30533. Limited seating remaining. Tickets are on sale online now:
FB Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/529152911277999/
- Saturday, January 18, 2020, 6:00 p.m. - Jackson County MLK Dinner will be held at the Commerce Civic Center. Keynote by civil rights veteran Lula Joe Williams. All welcome to attend!
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 7:00 p.m. - Forsyth County Democrats. Committee (general) meeting, Sharon Forks Library. Guest speakers are Mandi Smith, Director of Forsyth Board of Elections and representatives from Jesse House and Bald Ridge Lodge.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 7:00 p.m. - Pickens County Democratic Committee monthly meeting. LOCATION: Microtel Inn & Suites, 171 H. Mullins Court (Hwy. 515 at Philadelphia Rd.), Jasper (additional map).
- Thursday, January 23, 2020, 6:00-8:00 p.m. - Athens/Clarke County monthly meeting. Athens-Clarke County Library. 2025 Baxter Street, Athens.
- Saturday, January 25, 2020, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. - White County. Training Workshop. White County Library, Cleveland, GA.
Are you a Democrat who has been considering the idea of running for office in 2020? Or perhaps you would like to learn how to work on a campaign. If so, then this workshop is for you!
Any Democrat in the 9th Congressional District of Georgia is welcome to attend for free! We will teach you everything to get started with your campaign. The 9th District will provide you with materials and support after the workshop! Online modules are available so you can continue getting support at home!
Please RSVP and reserve your seat today by contacting 9th District Chair June Krise at 770-722-7994 or email@example.com.
- Thursday, January 30, 2020, 6:00 p.m. - White County Democratic Committee monthly meeting will begin with refreshments at 6:00 pm and the meeting at 6:30. This month's meeting will be at the Cleveland Library.
- Friday, January 31, 2020 - Democratic Party of Georgia. Deadline for county committees to submit annual county certification materials for calendar 2019.
- Saturday, February 1, 2020 - 9th District. See April 11, 2020, for the selection of delegates for the Democratic National Convention. Starting today, District Delegate Intent to Run forms will be on DPG website.
- Monday, February 3, 2020, 5:30 p.m. - Rabun County Democrats General Membership Meeting, Food Bank of NE Georgia. Matt Lieberman will be our guest speaker. He is running for the U.S. Senate to fill the seat vacated by Johnny Isackson. Lieberman is the son of former senator Joe Lieberman.
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the Presidential Preference Primary, Special Election O.C.G.A. § 21-2-384
- Sunday, February 9, 2020, 4:00-6:00 p.m. - White County. Please join us for a reception in support of Jon Ossoff for U.S. Senate. Hosted at the home of Ken and Nancy Hansen, Sautee Nacoochee, GA. Address provided upon RSVP. Suggested contributions: $50, $75, $100, $250, $500.
RSVP here. Checks can be made out to "Jon Ossoff for Senate" and mailed to P.O. Box 450326, Atlanta, GA 31145.
For more information or to RSVP, please call Caroline Saudek at (404) 913-6455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Contributions to Jon Ossoff for Senate are not tax-deductible for income tax purposes.
- Monday, February 24, 2020 - Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the Presidential Preference Primary, Special Election and Special Election Runoff. O.C.G.A. § 21-2-224
- Monday, March 2, 2020 - Advanced In Person (Early) Voting begins for the Presidential Preference Primary and Special Election. O.C.G.A. §21-2-385
- Monday, March 2 (9:00 a.m.) to Friday, March 6 (12:00 noon), 2020 - Political party candidate qualifying for General Primary ballot.
- Saturday, March 14, 2020 - Mandatory Saturday Voting for the Presidential Preference Primary and Special ElectionO.C.G.A.§21-2-385
- Saturday, March 21, 10:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. - Gilmer County Democrats. Do you have questions about the candidates running for Congress? Meet and hear them in person at Gilmer County's Candidate Forum at the Gilmer Arts' George Link Playhouse, 135 N. Dalton Street, Ellijay, GA. Lunch will be catered; tickets are $20.00/person. The following have agreed to come:
NAME RUNNING FOR
Teresa Tomlinson, U.S. Senate
Sara Riggs Amico, U.S. Senate
Mayor Ted Terry, U.S. Senate
John Ossoff, U.S. Senate
Tamara Johnson Shealey, U.S. Senate special election
Richard Winfield, U.S. Senate special election
Dan Wilson, District 9 U.S. House of Representatives, and
Devin Pandy, District 9 U.S. House of Representatives.
Tickets will be on sale shortly, and you will be notified how to get your reservation.
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - Georgia Presidential Preference Primary.
- Monday, March 30, 2020 - 9th District. See April 11, 2020, for the selection of delegates for the Democratic National Convention. District Delegate Intent to Run forms due in to DPG.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the General Primary, Nonpartisan, and Special Election O.C.G.A. §21-2-384
- Saturday, April 11, 2020 - 9th District (location & time TBA). Selection of 9th District delegates to the Democratic National Convention.
- Monday, April 20, 2020 - Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the General Primary, Nonpartisan, and Special Election and Runoff Election. O.C.G.A. §21-2-224
- Monday, April 27, 2020 - Advanced In Person (Early) Voting begins for the General Primary, Nonpartisan, and Special Election. O.C.G.A. §21-2-385
- Saturday, May 9, 2020 - Mandatory Saturday Voting for the General Primary, Nonpartisan, and Special Election O.C.G.A. §21-2-385
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - General Primary Election
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the November General Election and Special Election O.C.G.A. § 21-2-384
- Tuesday, October 5, 2020 - Last day a person may register and be eligible to vote in the November General Election and Special Election Runoff for Local and State Offices. O.C.G.A. § 21-2-224
- Monday, October 12, 2020 - Advanced In Person (Early) Voting begins for the November General Election and Special Election.O.C.G.A. § 21-2-385
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - General Election